Saturday, August 4, 2012

Ocean Commotion

My classroom theme will be Mrs. Waters' Ocean Commotion...Sea of Learning.   My two main colors that I will use throughout the room will be aqua blue and lime green, making these colors pop with a few black backgrounds, and pink and orange accents.  I will incorporate polka dots, and cute sea creatures galore. I have already started to collect adorable stuffed sea creatures and of course...collecting great ideas on my Pinterest page here.

Click here to view full size

Here are a few of my favorite ideas that I plan to do.  Just click on the picture to go to the source.

Click here to view full sizeClick here to view full sizeClick here to view full sizeClick here to view full size

I just love the look of black bookcases or black bulletin boards with aqua and lime popping out.  My plan is to designate one subject to one board area (like the math board above)
Those baskets in the black bookcase are from the dollar tree...very affordable!
Click here to view full size

Student will sit as groups, each table (or grouping of desks) will be assigned a sea creature
 using more aqua and teal baskets from the dollar tree.
Click here to view full sizeClick here to view full size
I love these sea life numbers.  (They go up to 20)  I will be using these as number line display along the top of the wall.  I plan to display them using this idea of creating a faux bulletin board space.
Click here to view full size

Click here to view full sizeCute ribbons and clothespins document how students get home.  Could also do this with lunch choices or center choices.  I love the simplicity of the system!




My classroom management system will combine Whole Brain Teaching methods along with the Clip Chart method. I love this ocean themed clip chart. Love the themed wording!


Another management tool I will be using is this fish bowl- I will hand out "Caught Ya Being Good" slips during the day to reinforce positive behavior.  Students write their name on the slip & put in fish bowl. If I need a teacher helper or anything at all, I will draw a slip out of the fish bowl. At the end of each month, I will draw out 6 names and those 6 students get to eat lunch in the classroom with teacher, and I bring a special treat!




Click here to view full size
These aren't exactly decorations for my room, but they are adorable! Ocean themed Open House brochure to hand out to parents at Open House with all kinds of information for the year.  Procedures, supplies needed, contact info, etc.


This second form is an ocean themed weekly newsletter offered on Teachers Notebook.

Click here to view full size

Look at this cute door...Kids pictures in the submarine's portholes.  Love it!
Click here to view full size

No comments:

Post a Comment