Saturday, August 4, 2012

The beginning of a new chapter

{place a scan of my parapro yearbook pic here} 
My name is Kathryn Waters.  I am currently attending Georgia Southern University to earn my Bachelor of Science degree in Early Childhood Education.   I am not your typical college student.  I am a mom of two in my 30's, happily married for 12 years to my high school sweetheart!  My husband and I have worked with children all our adult lives.  We have directed summer camps, taught Sunday schools and bible studies, directed VBS, etc.  We worked together as paid staff at Statesboro Primitive Baptist Church as the Youth and Activity Directors in 2005-2007.  I have been a substitute teacher in Bulloch County schools since 2005, educated my children as a home school mother for 3 years, and most recently was a paraprofessional for the 1st grade teachers at Stilson Elementary in 2011-2012.  I have a passion for working with children and am very excited to be continuing my education to become a teacher.  This website will allow me to build my online portfolio as I begin my teaching field experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment